In the recent years, internet has become a significant part of the daily living of nearly all people from different walks of life. Some are even dependent on it, especially those that are making a living through internet marketing and other online jobs like SEO and virtual assistance. Among all other things that this virtual market place can offer, writing jobs such as blogging and article marketing is one of the regular mainstays. Most people are into it, thrilled by the idea that writing can bring them wealth just like what other people did. However, this is not the usual case. It takes a lot of patience and hard work to make it big in the World Wide Web.
Some say that writers are born. There are individuals who are naturally endowed with generous amount of creative juices. One can just sit in a table with a pen and paper and presto! A masterpiece was created! On the other hand, some people believe that writers are made, that this skill can be learned and harnessed through perseverance and constant practice. This idea was clearly backed up by the concept of learning psychology, stating that most of the skills we have right now is a product of learning.
Whatever the case is, learning how to write for the internet effectively is one of the concerns of most bloggers and article marketers. The idea is to catch the attention of the reader, turn this attention into interest, and consequently evoke a desire to conduct action in accordance to what the person has read.
There are practically tons of tips on how to write for the internet efficiently. However, let us consider a few that will help:
1. Write in an “out-of-the-box” fashion. Writing out of the box means that you should write in a free-flowing manner – use conversational tone and avoid jargons. This method of writing is easier with lesser strict rules, making the author feel that he is in control.
2. Focus on what you want to write. This is actually a basic thing that you should deal with before heading to your PC and started typing on your word processor. What is it exactly that you want your readers to learn from you? You can write about virtually anything under the sun – your pet dog, or your brand of toothpaste; the way your baby giggles or even how smoothly and fuel-efficiently your car runs – the possibilities are limitless.
3. Write with your heart. This tip is one of the most trusted tips given mostly by professional writers. Writing is about giving a piece of yourself to your readers, and as such, they can feel what you want to say as if you are personally talking to them.
4. Keep it short, simple, and light. Most article writers suggest that an article should contain 300 to 800 words at most to sustain the interest of the readers. The rule of thumb here is to say what you mean with the least number of words. Keep things light and conversational to avoid imparting the feeling to the readers that they are “preached.” Nobody would want that.
5. In the event that you would want to write a longer article, divide it into smaller chunks. To enhance the readability scores of your articles, slice it into shorter portions by breaking long sentences into shorter ones or by using bullets and numbering the points that you would want your readers to remember.
Learning how to write for the internet to catch your reader’s attention takes a lot of practice. Whether you are a born writer or learned how to be, the bottom line will always be the fact that you want to express yourself and get noticed. So go ahead, write as many as you can. As the saying goes, practice makes it perfect.